7th International Symposium on Phospholipids in Pharmaceutical Research
We cordially invite you to our highlight of the year 2022!
The Phospholipid Research Center celebrates the 7th International Symposium on Phospholipids in Pharmaceutical Research, on September 12-13, 2022, in Heidelberg/Germany. After our virtual symposium in 2021, it is now time for all of us to meet again in person. However, since the current pandemic is not yet over, we are planning the symposium as a hybrid meeting: In addition to the regular meeting in Heidelberg, we schedule to hold the symposium online in parallel.
According to our vision “Connecting the World of Phospholipids”, we focus this year on stimulating discussions between academia and industry. Phospholipids have unique properties and benefits in pharmaceutical applications, which means, that exciting presentations, conversations and awards can be expected.
The duration of the symposium will be 1.5 days: From Monday until Tuesday (afternoon) with lectures provided by international academic as well as industrial researchers. In addition, young and experienced scientists from academia and industry will present their research achievements as scientific posters, giving the chance for fruitful networking between the authors and symposium participants.
The symposium is intended to bring together phospholipid scientists from all over the world, offering the opportunity to initiate exciting discussions and long-term collaborations. Your active contribution to the success of our Symposium is essential and highly appreciated.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Heidelberg in September!
Heidelberg University, Lecture Hall Chemistry, Im Neuenheimer Feld 252, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany.
Likely, the symposium will take place as a hybrid meeting. So, you also have the possibility to participate exclusively online.
Participants are requested to use the registration form and to send this form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadline EXTENDED UNTIL August 31, 2022 - but ONLINE only.
The confirmation of registration and the invoice will be sent immediately after receipt of the registration. If you have chosen the "online only" option, we will of course provide you with the necessary information in a timely manner.
You can either attend the symposium in person or online.
- On-site (industrial) - € 475.00
- On-site (academic) - € 325.00
- On-site (student) - € 125.00
- Online only (academic & industrial) - € 125.00
- Online only (student) - € 50.00
Members of the Phospholipid Research Center get a reduction of € 50. You are not a member yet? Here you will find more information to change this.
So far we have the following confirmations from the invited speakers:
- PD Dr. Michele Bernasconi (University of Bern/Switzerland)
- Dr. Mans Broekgaardes (Grenoble-Alpes University/France)
- Prof. Dr. Giuseppe De Rosa (University Federico II of Naples/Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Camilla Foged (University of Copenhagen/Denmark)
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Huwyler (University of Basel/Switzerland)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Koeberle (University of Innsbruck/Austria)
- Dr. Jayesh Kulkarni (NanoVation Therapeutics, Vancouver/Canada)
- Prof. Dr. Karsten Mäder (University Halle/Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Enrico Mastrobattista (University of Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- Prof. Dr. Dan Peer (Tel Aviv University/Israel)
- Dr. Michael Radius (Lipoid GmbH, Ludwigshafen/Germany)
- Dr. Andreas Zumbühl (Acthera Therapeutics, Basel/Switzerland)
- and there will be one more presentation given by the winner of the Thudichum Life Award ... you can be curious!
Here you can download the preliminary program of our Symposium.
If you want to give a Short Talk, please indicate this on your registration and abstract by ticking the appropriate box. The short presentations will be selected from the abstracts by the Scientific Advisory Council.
Deadline for providing the short talk abstract: July 15, 2022.
Phospholipid scientists are encouraged to make a poster presentation (format A0). An abstract (PDF file and max. one A4 page) must be submitted according to the template, which can be downloaded here.
Deadline for providing the poster abstract: July 15, 2022.
There is, of course, also the possibility to give short presentations. Please note this on your registration and abstract by ticking the appropriate box.
Unfortunately, the presentation of posters is only possible on site.
The following topics will be covered:
- Drug Delivery
- Lipid Nanoparticles & Vaccines
- Analytics & Characterization Techniques
- Technological Approach (Manufacturing / Preparation)
- In vitro & Physicochemical Characterization
Poster Award. Up to six poster authors will be selected by the Scientific Advisory Council of the Phospholipid Research Center to give a 10 min presentation during our Sympoium. Up to three of this group will be awarded.
Thudichum Young Scientist Award. The Thudichum Award is intended for talented scientists in appreciation of outstanding publication(s). Every graduate or post-doc, in possession of a PhD degree, from all over the world, not older than 35 years, who has obtained a PhD degree in 2020 or 2021 can apply for this award. This award comprises a cash sum of 5,000 Euro, which will be presented at the Symposium.
Application deadline for the Thudichum Young Scientist Award: August 15, 2022.
Thudichum Life Award. The Thudichum Life Award honors lifelong, outstanding, and innovative scientific research in the field of phospholipids. The winner of the Thudichum Life Award is chosen by the Scientific Advisory Council and Board of the Phospholipid Research Center; an application for this award is not required.